KTU B.Tech s4 lecture notes for Digital Electronics and Logic Design
KTU B.Tech S3 Lecture Note – Digital Electronics and Logic Design
- Number Systems and Codes : Binary, Octal and hexadecimal conversions
- ASCII code, Excess -3 code, Gray code
- Error detection and correction – Parity generators and checkers
- Fixed point and floating point arithmetic. Binary addition and subtraction, unsigned and signed numbers, 1’s complement and 2’s complement arithmetic.
- TTL logic and CMOS logic – Logic gates, Universal gates – Boolean Laws and theorems, Sum of Products method, Product of Sum method – K map representation and simplification(upto four variables) – Pairs, Quads, Octets, Dont care conditions.
- Combinational circuits: Adders _ Full adder and half adder – Subtractors, halfsubtractor and fullsubtractor – Carry Look ahead adders – ALU(block diagram only). Multiplexers, Demultiplexers, Encoders, BCD to decimel decoders.
- Sequential circuits: Flip-Flops, SR, JK, D and T flip-flops, JK Master Slave Flip-flop, Conversion of flip-flops, Registers -SISO,SIPO, PISO, PIPO. Counters : Asynchronous Counters – Modulus of a counter – Mod N counters.
- Synchronous counters: Preset and clear modes, Counter Synthesis: Ring counter, Johnson Counter, Mod N counter, Decade counter. State Machines: State transition diagram, Moore and Mealy Machines – Design equation and circuit diagram.
- Digital to Analog conversion – R-2R ladder, weighted resistors.
- Analog to Digital Conversion – Flash ADC, Successive approximation, Integrating ADC.
- Memory Basics, Read and Write, Addressing, ROMs, PROMs and EPROMs, RAMs
- Sequential Programmable Logic Devices – PAL, PLA, FPGA (Introduction and basic concepts only) Introduction to VHDL, Implementation of AND, OR, half adder and full adder.
KTU B.Tech s4 lecture notes for EE204 Digital Electronics and Logic Design
7,221 total views, 347 views today