KTU B.Tech Model Question paper for Basics of Civil Engineering
Reg. No:_________________ Name:_________________
SECOND SEMESTER B.TECH DEGREE EXAMINATION, MODEL QUESTION
Course Code: CE100
Course Name: BASICS OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Max. Marks: 100 Duration: 3 Hours
Answer all questions. Each question carries 3 Marks.
- What are the different components of building?
- Mention the factors to be considered in the selection of a site for a residence.
- What are the principles of surveying?
- What are the advantages of HYSD steel?
- Write the importance of determination of bearing capacity of soil.
- What are the various types of floor finish materials used for flooring?
- What are the criteria of selection of roofing materials?
- Write short note on sewage disposal arrangement for residential building.
- What are the different types of stairs used in buildings?
- What is intelligent building? List any two advantages.
Answer any 8 questions. Each question carries 6 Marks
- What are the different types of buildings as per NBC?
- Write the relevance of Civil Engineering in the overall infrastructural development of the country.
- Write the rules for finding out the area of windows in a room.
- Draw the plan of a single storeyed building with 2 bedrooms, hall, kitchen.
- What is meant by setting out of building, and explain centre line method in setting out of building.
- Explain the principles of surveying.
- The following consecutive readings were taken with a dumpy level and a 4m leveling staff on a continuously sloping ground at a common interval of 20m.
- What are the desirable qualities of good bricks?
- What are the advantages of RCC over plain cement concrete?
- Write a note on the common types of steel used in construction.
Answer any 2 questions. Each questions carries 11 marks.
- (a) What are the advantage and disadvantages of Flemish bond over English bond?
(b) What are the different types of foundations? Explain with neat sketches.
- (a) What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of flat roof and sloping roof?
(b) Write notes on Escalators and Elevators.
- (a) What are the different types of vertical transportation systems in buildings?
(b) What are the different systems of plumbing used in buildings?
2,541 total views, 1 views today