KTU B.Tech S4 Lecture Notes Analog Integrated Circuits
- Differential amplifiers: Differential amplifier configurations using BJT, Large and small signal operations, Balanced and unbalanced output differential amplifiers, Input resistance, voltage gain, CMRR, non ideal characteristics of differential amplifier.
- Frequency response of differential amplifiers, Current sources, Active load, Concept of current mirror circuits, Wilson current mirror circuits, multistage differential amplifiers.
- Operational amplifiers: Introduction, Block diagram, Ideal op- 5 amp parameters, Equivalent Circuit, Voltage Transfer curve, open loop op-amp configurations, Effect of finite open loop gain, bandwidth and slew rate on circuit performance
- Op-amp with negative feedback: Introduction, feedback configurations, voltage series feedback, voltage shunt feedback, properties of Practical op-amp.
- Op-amp applications: Inverting and non inverting amplifier, dc and ac amplifiers, peaking amplifier, summing, scaling and averaging amplifiers, instrumentation amplifier.
- Op-amp applications: Voltage to current converter, current to voltage converter, integrator, differentiator
- precision rectifiers, log and antilog amplifier, Phase shift and Wien bridge oscillators
- Square, triangular and saw tooth wave generators,
- zero crossing detector
- Comparators, Schmitt trigger, characteristics and limitations.
- Active filters, First and Second order Butterworth filter and its frequency response for LPF, HPF, BPF, BSF, and Notch filter.
- Specialized IC’s and its applications: Timer IC 555 (monostable & astable operation)
- Voltage controlled oscillator.
- Analog Multiplier
- PLL, operating principles, Applications: frequency multiplication/division, Frequency synthesizer, AM & FM detection , FM modulator/Demodulator
- Monolithic Voltage Regulators: Three terminal voltage regulators 78XX
- 79XX series,
- IC723, low voltage and high voltage regulator
- Current boosting, short circuit
- fold back protection
- Data Converters: D/A converter , specifications , weighted resistor type, R-2R Ladder type,switches for D/A converters, high speed sample-and-hold circuits
- A/D Converters: Specifications, Flash type, Counter ramp type, Successive Approximation type, Single Slope type, Dual Slope type