KTU B.Tech s4 lecture notes for Digital Electronics and Logic Design
KTU B.Tech S3 Lecture Note – Digital Electronics and Logic Design
- Number Systems and Codes : Binary, Octal and hexadecimal conversions
- ASCII code, Excess -3 code, Gray code
- Error detection and correction – Parity generators and checkers
- Fixed point and floating point arithmetic. Binary addition and subtraction, unsigned and signed numbers, 1’s complement and 2’s complement arithmetic.
- TTL logic and CMOS logic – Logic gates, Universal gates – Boolean Laws and theorems, Sum of Products method, Product of Sum method – K map representation and simplification(upto four variables) – Pairs, Quads, Octets, Dont care conditions.
- Combinational circuits: Adders _ Full adder and half adder – Subtractors, halfsubtractor and fullsubtractor – Carry Look ahead adders – ALU(block diagram only). Multiplexers, Demultiplexers, Encoders, BCD to decimel decoders.
- Sequential circuits: Flip-Flops, SR, JK, D and T flip-flops, JK Master Slave Flip-flop, Conversion of flip-flops, Registers -SISO,SIPO, PISO, PIPO. Counters : Asynchronous Counters – Modulus of a counter – Mod N counters.
- Synchronous counters: Preset and clear modes, Counter Synthesis: Ring counter, Johnson Counter, Mod N counter, Decade counter. State Machines: State transition diagram, Moore and Mealy Machines – Design equation and circuit diagram.
- Digital to Analog conversion – R-2R ladder, weighted resistors.
- Analog to Digital Conversion – Flash ADC, Successive approximation, Integrating ADC.
- Memory Basics, Read and Write, Addressing, ROMs, PROMs and EPROMs, RAMs
- Sequential Programmable Logic Devices – PAL, PLA, FPGA (Introduction and basic concepts only) Introduction to VHDL, Implementation of AND, OR, half adder and full adder.