KTU s3 civil modelquestions for Engineering Geology
SEMESTER III B.TECH DEGREE EXAMINATION
CE 205 Engineering Geology
Max Mark:50 Time 1hrs 30 min
PART A(Answer 2 questions)
- What is capillary Fringe? Explain.(3)
2.Explain the terms strike and dip.(3)
PART B(Answer all questions)(4×5=20)
3.Which are the factors to be considered in the location of a dam.
4.Explain the engineering significance of subsurface water.
5. Explain the parts of a fault.
6. Which are the factors affecting storage and movement of water in an aquifer.
PART C(Answer all questions include necessary figures)(2×12=24)
7. Explain the natural hazards caused by ground water?
8. Explain the problems created by the presence of ground water in construction.
9. Explain the classifications of folds based on
a) Behavior with depth
b) Relative curvature of inner and outer arcs
c) Profile of outer surface.
10. Explain the causes, effects and evidence of faulting.